Family Immigration Lawyer

Preserving the Integrity of the Home

A foreign national with a relative who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident could potentially obtain permanent residency, if the relative is willing to sponsor the foreign national in any of the available categories. U.S. citizens can file petitions for their spouse, parents, children (regardless of age or marital status), and siblings. U.S. permanent residents can only file a petition for their spouse and unmarried children.

There are several different kinds of family-based petitions that we can assist you with:

The USCIS makes a distinction between the terms “child” and “son/daughter”. For USCIS purposes, if the terms “child” is used, this means a family member who is under the age of 21 and who is not married. If the terms “son/daughter” is used, this means someone who is over 21, whether married or not, or someone who is under 21 but is married.

Contact us at 240-614-7638 or via this website to make an appointment for your initial consultation.